Tap into multi million dollar Nigeria’s food business opportunity with Food West Africa 2018 expo | Informa
In 2016 when the Nigerian economy had a setback, the government in March 2017, responded by creating the Economic Recovery Growth Plan (ERGP) with the sole aims of reflating the economy via spending in sectors such as agriculture, infrastructure, solid minerals and others, to revamp the economy and also empower the people. By the end of 2017, Nigerian economy was recorded to had grown by 1.40%. The Nigerian economy still retained the highest retail value in Sub-Sahara Africa as her retail sector made sales to the tune of USD125 billion in 2016 notwithstanding the economic stagnation. With the fast increasing rate of urbanization and increase growth of entrepreneurs, the Nigerian retail industry has become a lucrative sector to invest in as it accounts for the country’s 16.7% GDP.
More people are beginning to delve into the food and beverage industry and they are making a comfortable living from it. The packaged food industry is steadily growing despite the economic stagnation. The fast growing urban population has fueled the demand for convenient food and drink products such as edible yoghurt, pastries, sweets, savoury snacks, baby food, confectionery, noodles, biscuits, dairy products and others.
This brings me to the business at hand – Food West Africa exhibition (2018 edition), and why you should participate in the event.
Are you a food lover or entrepreneur? Once again, look forward to the 3rd edition of the annual Food West Africa Exhibition which is set to hold from 8th – 10th of May 2018. The three-day event would host over 100 food companies from across the world and thousands food influencers, decision makers, and food lovers across West Africa, also offering opportunities for business development and networking between food entrepreneurs and potential customers.
About Food West Africa Expo
The Food West Africa was created in 2016, by “Informa Life Science“, a company that organizes 27 exhibitions every year, and offers a wide range of solutions for companies involved. Food West Africa is a platform for both domestic and international business owners to exhibit their products and services to people of influence and decision makers in the West African food and drink industry. It also delivers the largest platform for local, regional and international food and beverage companies to interact, network and form business ties in Nigeria.
The maiden edition which was a 3-day event that started from 8th – 10th of May 2016, attracted more than 4,200 visitors and 140 exhibitors. The second edition which occurred in 2017 (17th – 19th May) also witnessed more than 6,000 attendees with more than 150 exhibitors from China, Turkey, lebanon, United Kingdom, United States, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Malta, Lithuania, India, Spain, Singapore, United Arab Emirates and others.
According to the World Trade Organization (WTO), the Nigerian food import rate is projected to increase by 20% yearly, which will obviously put a strain in the economy. This has made this sector a viable sector and the expo a must-attend.
Food West Africa aims to provide opportunities for food and beverage companies to gain entry into this large and profitable market, hence improving the economy.
The great news is that the opportunity is open to all including small food business owners, grocery store, supermarket etc. We at Exhibitorslive hereby use this opportunity to encourage you to be part of this opportunity.
REASONS YOU SHOULD PARTICIPATE IN THE FOOD WEST AFRICA 2018
- If you are looking to expand your current operations or meet new contacts within the West African food industry, exhibiting at Food West Africa will give you the opportunity to reach out to the region’s most influential and decision-making audience comprising of food industry professionals, business partners, competitors and peers alike.
- With more than 120 exhibiting companies showcasing the latest in the f&b, use the opportunity to stay abreast of the industry’s latest trends and advancements and keep ahead of your competition.
- Food West Africa is the leading food & beverage industry platform in the MENA region and a perfect avenue for you to showcase your latest products and services to an engaged audience that are looking for new business opportunities.
- With more than 4,200 attendees at the show, meet new customers and develop relationships with existing clients. Over the 3 days of Food West Africa, millions of dollars of contracts are negotiated and signed
READ ALSO: MR. BIGG’S FOOD FEST WITH CHEF CHUKS RENEE
Food West Africa platform helps business owners and exhibitors in the following ways:
- Via the platform, relationship between business owners and clients/consumers are formed
- Business owners get to generate new business ideas and build the existing ones.
- The platform increases a business brand exposure to the outside world. Business owners get huge digital and printed brand exposure before, during and after the event.
- It provides business owners the opportunity to stay up to date and ahead of their competitors in the food and beverage industry.
- It also provides exhibitors the perfect opportunity to launch their new products and services to the public.
Everything is already in place for this year’s Food West Africa Exhibition. The 3rd edition of this event will take place from 8th to 10th of May, 2017 at Landmark Events Centre, Lagos, Nigeria. Food West Africa will play host to over 4200 participants and more than 120 exhibiting companies from over 25 countries.
Participating in Food West Africa exhibition can help your business in a whole lot of ways, some of the benefits are
- You will have the opportunity to engage with over 120 companies that is coming in from over 25 countries as these companies will be showcasing the latest food/beverage products and services.
- You will have the opportunity to network with more than 4,200 food and beverage industry professionals that will be attending the event. You will also connect with new suppliers, business partners and customers that are looking to do business.
- As a visitor, you will discover hundreds of products on display and evaluate the latest competing solutions in the food and beverage industry across all product categories.
- You will be updated with the latest trends in the food and beverage industry and also gain new ideas to advance and grow your business.
The exhibition is open to everyone. All business owners including retailers and supermarkets, convenience stores and markets, hotels and hospitality, importers/exporters, dealers and distributors, wholesalers, governments and regulatory agencies, local associations, caterers, food processors and manufacturers, restaurants, coffee Shops and others.
To participate in the upcoming exhibition, visit https://www.food-westafrica.com to register for free or pay the sum of #2,000 when you arrive at the venue.
This year’s edition will witness the largest gathering of healthcare companies, technology, products and services in the West African region. So if you are looking to expand your network or meet new people within the West African food industry, make plans to participate as it will give you the opportunity to reach out to the region’s most influential and decision-making audience comprising of food industry professionals, business partners, competitors and peers alike.
Hope you have found this helpful, feel free to share your thoughts or questions in the comments. For more updates about this event and exclusive coverage from us, subscribe to our YouTube channel, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.